ORDER BUILDING ON BEDROCK NOW:
Building on Bedrock is a practical, no nonsense guide for aspiring entrepreneurs. Based upon research, but told through the stories of American businessman and entrepreneur Sam Walton, and others, Building on Bedrock debunks the myths around what it takes to build and run a successful company. Here are four critical lessons the book will teach you.
1. How to determine the right time in your life to become an entrepreneur and whether you’re equipped for the rollercoaster ride of entrepreneurship.
2. Why the true stories behind history’s greatest entrepreneurs, like Sam Walton, Walt Disney, Estée Lauder, and Ray Kroc, debunk the myths perpetuated by Silicon Valley—and why those myths will lead you in the wrong direction.
3. How to realistically start a profitable new business with little to no money and without risking everything else in your life.
4. A step-by-step process for building a roadmap for your journey into the world of entrepreneurship, regardless of whether you dream of starting a multimillion dollar enterprise, a successful local business, or anything in between.
FREE BONUS MATERIAL!
Order the book today and get bonuses worth over $100! This includes exclusive interviews with some of the entrepreneurs featured in the book, my Bootstrapped Business Development Tool, posters, and more!
1. Buy the book in whatever format you want.
2. Fill out the form below.
3. Check your email to access bonuses.
Please include your order number in the "Name" column. Your bonus
materials will arrive once we've confirmed your purchase.
"These days, entrepreneurship is often synonymous with tech startups and venture funding. But that’s not the reality for a lot of business owners. CEO, entrepreneur, and business professor Derek Lidow gets into the heart of what it really takes to build a long-lasting business from the “why,” the ‘how’, and how to know whether you are suited to the roller coaster ride of entrepreneurship."
“A back-to-basics guide for aspiring entrepreneurs by debunking the myths around what it takes to build and run a successful company. It’s not about astronomical tech valuations and millions in venture capital as Silicon Valley has led us to believe...”
ORDER BUILDING ON BEDROCK NOW:
Bestselling author Derek Lidow has long demonstrated the rare ability to operate successfully in corporate, entrepreneurial, and academic environments. He is an experienced and successful global CEO, a researcher, an innovator, and a startup coach. Derek’s contributions include a number of value chain applications that have forever improved companies as diverse as Sony, Samsung, Philips, Goldman Sachs and IBM. His accomplishments include founding iSuppli, a leading market research firm, which Derek sold in 2010 for $100 million to global information leader IHS.
Today, Derek is giving back by teaching at Princeton University, inaugurating a campus-wide “design thinking” curriculum, and working with Princeton’s aspiring entrepreneurs and their young companies.
Derek is the author of two books: Startup Leadership: How Savvy Entrepreneurs Turn Their Ideas Into Successful Enterprises (2014) and Building on Bedrock: What Sam Walton, Walt Disney, and Other Great Self-Made Entrepreneurs Can Teach Us About Building Valuable Companies (2018).
He is also a frequent media commentator. Coverage to date includes The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg BusinessWeek, Forbes, The Economist, Nikkei, Reuters, and Taipei Times. Derek’s degrees come from Princeton and Stanford where he earned a PhD in applied physics as a Hertz Foundation Fellow. He is based in New York City and Princeton, NJ.
Enter your text here...